The goal of the Farm Workers Law Team is to protect the rights of, and ensure legal access for migrant farm workers both in cases relating to employment and in non-agricultural employment matters that impact the farm worker community.
- Conduct outreach and education in the form of presentations to unions and the public, flyering public places and distribution of materials to businesses and organizations.
- Represent farm workers in cases stemming from on-the-job health hazards including poor sanitary conditions and exposure to pesticides.
- Work with partner community groups to increase outreach and education and to handle small claims cases.
- Litigate farm worker cases.
- Assist 1200 farm workers with advice, brief services, representation before administrative agencies, and litigation.
- Distribute brochures regarding farm worker rights.