Information for Attorneys
Attorneys accepting referrals from Texas CBAR represent community-based nonprofits in their work to transform distressed neighborhoods into healthy communities. The nonprofits we assist are engaged in a broad range of activities to better the lives of low-income persons, including building houses for low-income families, repairing houses for the elderly and disabled, creating after-school programs for at-risk children, and developing job training initiatives for women moving off of welfare.
The types of matters we refer include:
- Preparing incorporation documents
- Nonprofit tax advice
- Drafting personnel policy manuals
- Construction contract negotiation
- Preparing real estate documents
- Preparing partnership agreements
- Advice on corporate governance matters
- Property tax exemption advice
- Establishing subsidiary corporations
- Clearing title to parcels of land
- Reviewing loan documents
- Obtaining tax exempt status
For more information:
- Download our brochure: Connecting Lawyers with Nonprofits.
- Download: Guidelines for Participating Attorneys & Attorney Agreement.