The State and Federal Benefits Practice Team represents clients who have been denied access to state, federal and local public benefit programs, including Medicaid, Food Stamps, Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF), the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Social Security benefits (SSI & RSDI), and Veteran’s benefits.
- Increase the number of people staying afloat in the TRLA service area by providing legal advice and counsel to clients who have been unlawfully denied public benefits.
- Help families of deployed soldiers from Ft. Bliss in El Paso gain access to necessary public benefits.
- Conduct outreach to find people who have denied access to public benefits.
- Provide Litigation and Representation in public benefits cases, Social Security appeals and administrative cases.
- Provide advice and counsel to clients.
- Provide brief services to clients.
About the TRLA Veterans’ Project
This program is made possible by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.