The number one priority of the Manufactured Housing Team is to prevent homelessness in cases where a manufactured home owner or renter is on the verge of losing title or possession of their home.
- Try to prevent evictions and foreclosures with appropriate litigation.
- Help manufactured home owners from losing ownership of their home in foreclosure cases.
- Help manufactured home owners keep possession of their homes in cases where they are being evicted from rented lots.
Other Activities(when staff available and on a limited basis)
- Help obtain title to homes in cases of deception or negligence.
- Help homeowners file complaints with the Texas Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs-Manufactured Housing Division(TDHCA-MHD) in warranty or unlicensed activity cases.