The goal of the Legal Aid for Survivors of Sexual Assault (LASSA) is to secure the safety and security of victims of non-intimate partner sexual assault through collaboration with domestic violence, sexual assault shelters and rape crisis centers to ensure timely, appropriate, and comprehensive legal services.
- To provide legal means of protection and assistance to survivors of sexual assault.
- Provide better legal advocacy, assistance and support to victims of sexual assault.
- Work with all avaialble resources to provide seamless services with respect to assisting sexual assault victims with appropriate type of civil legal aid required.
- Conduct intake and provide legal advice in partnership with four rape crisis centers and 19 shelters.
- Assist in providing protective and restrictive orders to victims of sexual assault.
- Assist immigrant victims with immigration matters and collaborate and refer victims to other immigration service providers.
- Refer victims to shelters and crisis centers