The goal of the Homeless Law Team is to improve the lives and well-being of homeless people in the Texas Riogrande Legal Aid (TRLA) service area.
- Provide legal assistance to help people obtain and remain in housing.
- Increase homeless individuals’ skill sets and incomes by providing legal assistance for entitlement or employment benefits.
- Help homeless people to achieve greater self-determination through legal services relating to procurement of government documents, consumer issues and minor class C misdemeanors.
- Secure disability benefits for people experiencing homelessness.
- Provide advice and brief services to homeless clients.
- Raise awareness within the social worker and case manager community with respect to legal options available to the homeless.
- Conduct on-site outreach at various shelters for the homeless.
- Participate in coalitions like the El Paso Legal Clinic for the Homeless throughout the TRLA service area to improve outreach services.