The Texas Foster Youth Justice Project helps foster youth and former foster youth from all over Texas with their legal problems for free.
Call toll free 1-877-313-3688 to ask for legal help.
We can help you with
- Obtaining a copy of your own CPS record
- Attending your CPS court hearings
- Letting the court know what you think about where you live, go to school and other care and services you are receiving while in foster care
- Having a say in what medication you take and making medical decisions
- Obtaining a Texas identification card, original birth certificate and Social Security card
- Accessing benefits that former foster youth can receive such as: college tuition and other funds to assist you in getting education and training, money
- Accessing programs and training to help you move from foster to care to living on your own
- Staying in contact with siblings
- Name Change
- Any other legal questions or concerns you have