Staff Attorney/LASSA Project – Corpus Christi
Texas RioGrande Legal Aid’s (“TRLA”) Legal Aid for Sexual Assault Survivors (LASSA) Project seeks attorneys to provide civil legal services to survivors of sexual assault in the Corpus Christi office.
In appropriate circumstances the attorneys will provide extended civil services to survivors who have been victims of sexual violence, including harassment, assault, abuse, or trafficking.
The attorney will screen clients for eligibility, provide direct legal services to those determined to be eligible, and will collaborate closely with community partners, including domestic violence shelters and rape crisis centers.
The candidate must be self-directed, empathetic, and motivated. Among other duties, the attorney will:
● Interview survivors and conduct trauma-informed intakes
● Evaluate eligibility for TRLA services and civil legal remedies
● Establish and maintain relationships with community partners
● Assist in coordinating and supporting civil legal services in their region
● Assist and counsel individuals seeking civil legal assistance
● Coordinate with community partners to develop safety plans for survivors
● Prepare and conduct community outreach
● JD from accredited university.
● Bar Admission in any US state. Licensed to practice law in Texas highly preferred, but will consider applicants licensed in other states.
● Fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken
● Dedication to and experience in serving low-income populations
● Experience working with survivors of trauma
● Experience coordinating community services/partners