TRLA-Beeville has an opening for a Paralegal II. The primary duties and activities of a Paralegal II may include the following and any other case-related activities and duties consistent with assisting attorneys in the practice of law:
- Conduct eligibility and substantive interviews in person and by telephone, which interviews may at times take place outside the regular office setting;
- Provide basic information and referrals to applicants, including those ineligible for services;
- Interview clients and witnesses;
- Conduct follow-up of assigned cases, including investigating facts and researching law;
- Serve process and subpoenas;
- Prepare legal documents;
- Oversee legal clinics;
- Notarize legal documents;
- Attend and participate in community group meetings and educational forums to conduct intake and make community legal education presentations;
- Prepare legal educational materials;
- Maintain accurate and complete client files and administrative records, including data entry into client database and other requirements;
- Prepare administrative reports required by TRLA;
- Any other duties required by the branch or team manager.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Possess verbal, reading and writing skills.