TRLA-Austin has an opening for a Legal Secretary. The Legal Secretary will be recruited, hired and assigned by the Branch Manager, and be subject to discipline or removal according to the standard employment policies applicable to all TRLA secretaries.
- Drafting, editing, formatting and printing legal documents, correspondence and reports in Microsoft Word;
- Scanning, faxing and filing documents;
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and telephone calls;
- Managing case file records on the TRLA Client Tracking System, the custom-written case management system, as well as the hard copy files;
- Managing and purchasing supplies, office equipment and furnishings; and,
- Miscellaneous administrative duties, including time sheets for payroll, travel reimbursement requests, and docket maintenance.
- Proficiency in the Windows operating system, Microsoft Word and Excel applications, and computer data entry;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Six months’ experience as a legal secretary.