The Accountant I works under the direct supervision of the Accounting Operations Manager and the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. The primary responsibilities are:
- Assists in preparing necessary schedules required for annual audit.
- Codes vouchers, invoices and claims for payment.
- Has primary responsibility for preparing and entering data to the general ledger.
- Verifies computer printouts for accuracy.
- Pays travel, mileage, travel advance and out of pocket expenses.
- Prepares bank deposit slips.
- Responsible for all the accounting functions for TRLA pension plan including loans.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Chief Financial Officer.
- A Bachelor’s of Business Administration Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); strong computer skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.